The Power of Green: The Ripple Effect of Every Dollar You Spend
by Amy O'Brien
Are you ready to peer behind the curtain to understand where your dollars are really going and become more conscious as a consumer? If so, then this is your guidebook. In it, we delve into our world’s current human, societal, and environmental health and explore ways we all can contribute to positive change.
The Power of Green is a collection of information, facts, and personal stories that will lead you through common topics that we, as consumers, deal with on a regular basis.
Throughout the book, you will discover:
- Three ways that you can improve your fashion spending habits, for Earth’s sake
- Everyday consumer blunders that we all commonly make and how to shift away from that right now
- Facts about our obsession with plastics and recycling
- Insights into nutrition and food industry practices that may be contributing to our common mental and physical health issues
- How to be your own health advocate in our precarious and confusing medical system
- How you can take back your power and rise above the clever marketing manipulation that is designed to capture our money, leading us on a negative course
- The beautiful power of giving (small and large), with insights and ideas to truly make a difference
Sadly, the very problems that you most likely want to see resolved in the world may be the exact ones that you are unconsciously supporting with your dollars. If you have felt that you can make more responsible spending choices, now is the time to learn how.
Making responsible choices with our money at this time is, in fact, crucial. And the world is ready.
Have you ever asked yourself:
- How aware am I as a consumer?
- Do I really know what I am ‘voting for’ with my dollars on a regular basis?
- Do I really want to know the truth about what my money is encouraging?
- Is the current path that we are on sustainable for humans and our planet?
- Is it possible to have what I want and send ripples out in a positive direction with my dollars?
- What changes can I make to better our world?