Miracle on Market: Where Hope Is Found and Change Happens
by Visit Amazon's Jay P. Davidson Page,search results,Jay P. Davidson
In Miracle on Market, Jay P. Davidson shares his experiences and thoughts about the residential, long-term, social model recovery program he created as co-founder of The Healing Place, in hopes that this model, in its current form, will be sustained and maintained long after he is gone.
The vision of The Healing Place is that everyone they serve will lead a meaningful and productive life. Some facts from their 30-year history:
- More than 6,000 alumni
- Over 150,000 people served
- 8,000+ individuals served annually
- The continuum of care has expanded from off-the-street, to detox, to long-term and outpatient recovery services
- In 1991, the annual budget was around $300,000 to serve 80 men in an overnight shelter
- In 2021, the annual budget is $13 million and serves nearly 1,000 clients across 3 campuses each day
- As in the beginning, The Healing Place continues to serve those in need of help regardless of race, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, or economic status
When there is a need to help another suffering alcoholic and or addict, the traditional model of The Healing Place will be there to answer that desperate cry for help. Miracle on Market helps spread the great news of this remarkable model to cities across the nation.